I love reading recipes. I can sit down with one of my favorite cookbooks, open to any section and read straight through for hours.
I like the introductory summaries many cookbooks include in each section. I like the lists of ingredients and the numbered steps. Sometimes, I even appreciate it when there aren’t any pictures – it gives me hope that if I follow the steps as written, I’ll end up with desirable results.
I like the organization of a cookbook, it’s something you can pretty much count on across the genre. I also like magazines and websites, but sometimes I just need a book. These are some of my favorites.
- Joy of Cooking This was a wedding gift & it’s my all time favorite
- The All-New Complete Cooking Light Cookbook: The Ultimate Guide from America’s #1 Food Magazine
- Martha Stewart’s Cooking School: Lessons and Recipes for the Home Cook
- Everyday Italian: 125 Simple and Delicious Recipes
- King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking: Delicious Recipes Using Nutritious Whole Grains
- The Cookie Bible My first cookbook & favorite for cookies
- Best Loved Hershey’s Recipes
I’ll be sure to share some of my favorite recipes from each as time goes on.
Do you have a favorite cookbook or do you find all of your recipes on the web?